Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Almost! and then...

To celebrate finishing student teaching and to relax, I did some Family History this evening. I had two close encounters with linking Daniel's maternal family to my maternal family and his paternal family.
First, Daniel has a 4th Great Grandmother named Elizabeth Jackson Hyde. Elizabeth Jackson was born in Union, South Carolina! A lot of my maternal line comes from that area of South Carolina. I didn't look into it too deeply, mostly because she was born in the 1780s before any census that is online was taken. I'm hoping by writing this down here I will remember and look into it more one day. This lady and her husband's posterity continued onto Tennesee and then to Tooele, Utah. This line goes from Hyde to Ayers to Green to Daniel's Grandmother Gerrie Green.
Second, I found some married in Jensen's from Preston, Idaho on Daniel's Grandpa Gingell's line. Daniel's paternal line is full of Jensen's and they also lived in Preston, Idaho. I was so excited to find a connection between the two families!...But alas, as it goes with family history, the Jensen line quickly disappeared into Christiansen back to Jensen back to... because that is what Scandanavian names do. No link was found.
If you found this post boring or confusing I hope one day it won't :D. Even though no connections were made, I still love family history!

No comments:

Post a Comment