Friday, April 15, 2011

Ink

Currently I am student teaching in a 6th grade Language Arts class. I love it! Today while I was reading aloud to the students a serious novel, The Devil's Arithmetic, a student came up to me. He had blue ink all over his hands and asked if he could go to the bathroom to wash it off. He said that his pen had exploded. I couldn't help but laugh! Since the serious tone was ruined...I shared with the class a story from when I was in 6th grade. I told them how I had gel pens and would suck the ink up to make them look more full. One time I accidently sucked ink into my mouth and had to ask the teacher if I could go to the bathroom to get the ink out of my mouth. I don't think the students took the rest of the chapter in the book seriously, but we had a good laugh!

1 comment:

  1. That's hilarious! I'm glad you are loving 6th grade. I did too. I miss it so much! 1st grade doesn't even compare. :)

    ReplyDelete